For this chutney you need
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 - 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. of Channa Dal flour
- 1/2 tsp . of cumin seeds
- Cilantro for garnishing - optional
Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed and fry for a minute.
Add chopped onions , tomatoes , green chillies and saute them well.
Now to this add turmeric powder and add sufficient water. Allow it to cook in medium flame.
In a bowl mix the channa dal flour with little water , make sure no lumps are formed.
Now add this to the gravy along with salt and bring it to boil . Check for the consistency and adjust water accordingly.
Finally Garnish with corinader leaves.
Bombay chutney is ready to be served..............