Methi Thepla is one of the popular dish in Gujarat. It is a very healthy and nutritious food,which is ideal for any kind of travels.
For this recipe you need
- 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of Besan flour
- 1 cup of fresh methi leaves (washed and finely chopped)
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves (washed and finely chopped)
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. of chilli powder
- 1 tsp. of coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. of oil for the dough
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt
- Extra flour for dusting
Combine the flours, asafoetida, spice powders and mix it well.
Add yoghurt, oil, salt , methi and coriander leaves . Mix them well. Add water as needed and knead the dough until smooth and firm.
Take a lemon sized ball from the dough , dust it in flour and roll them into a flat , thin and round shaped one.
Heat the tawa, place the thepla's and drizzle oil on its sides.
When both sides are cooked well, remove from the tawa and serve it hot.
Flavorful Methi Thepla's are ready to be served...........
Serve hot with yoghurt or with any pickles and enjoy :)